Tuesday

Yoga Teacher Training - Week One

Photo courtesy of bigstockphoto.com
Patanjali, the patron saint of Yoga, said that mastery combines a balance of science and art. Knowledge of science is like the color on an artist’s palette – the greater the knowledge, the more colors available. The body is the canvas and the Asanas are the art we create.

This is, one of many, many ways to describe Yoga and the way that is so in tune with me. As an artist I can visualize, this wonderful palette called Yoga, which is presented to me to learn, accept and – teach!

Just a few words about my decision to enroll to this particular teaching Training Programme that is held at Yogaspace, Toronto.
No matter how funny it might sound but I felt a calling to do so. I knew I will be the oldest student and I had a tiny bit of doubt if I would be accepted, but – I was and – I started the new chapter in my life.
February 14 was the first day of my Yoga journey, also Valentine Day and day when I was baptized many years ago. Coincidence?
I believe - it was meant to be.


I have been practicing yoga for some time and I love it. My first teacher was Sandra, very gentle and with the most incredible voice that would hypnotize most of us at our savasana time. 
Sandra thought me that Yoga has nothing to do with competition. “Don’t look what other can do – do it with love and you will soon become great in Yoga”.
I did Boxing classes and Pilates before, and I still do, but I feel that Yoga is, somehow part of me.  

So, here I am – my first weekend at Yogaspace, where I met 24 other students, women and men, nice, kind people, all looking happy to be at this yoga studio, with expectations and goals that, I am sure, vary from person to person.
For weeks I felt that special excitement, like I felt for my first date million years ago, but, the moment I entered the class I felt – at home.

Kathryn, Yogaspace Director and Vinyasa teacher came and introduced us to our curriculum. She  simply radiate a good energy. And our first day unrolled.
We met with an Osteopath and we had our first Vinyasa class with incredibly patient Kathryn. On our second day we  had more then an hour with amazing Instructor Michelle, with whom we learnt how important is to develop conscious strength.
And our first weekend was wrapped up with and intro to Ujjayi breathing, typical for Vinyasa practice. We learnt that while we do breathe we should have a smile behind our eyes and I am sure – in our heart.
Love my first 2 days at Yogaspace and looking forward for more…

Vida, Yoga Instructor at "La Vida Yoga Studio"

"The ultimate language of yoga is expressed in doing yoga, a practice that transcends words as we open our lives to living more consciously through the infinite wisdom of the heart.”
― Mark Stephens, Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques



No comments:

Post a Comment